Adobe – Lehi, Utah
This year’s PhoneGap Day US event was held at the Adobe office in Lehi, Utah (just outside Salt Lake City) for the first time ever. The location offered beautiful scenery and provided attendees with a chance to ski or take in a film at the Sundance film festival. The event was truly awesome overall and I wanted to share some info and links to check out if you weren’t able to attend or want to review what you learned.
PhoneGap Day Workshops
The event started off with a day of sold out workshops. We had 3 tracks with a variety of workshops from members of the PhoneGap team, the community and sponsors. The day was packed with lots of material covered in a brief period of time. Below are some links to tutorials, slides and content (including from my own workshop).
- PhoneGap Beginner Workshop by Garth Brathwaite from Adobe
- PhoneGap Intermediate Workshop by ME
- Push Notification Workshop by Simon MacDonald from Adobe
- Plugin Development Workshop by Jesse MacFadyen from Adobe
- App Submission Workshop by Tim Kim from Adobe
- App Privacy & Security by Tommy Williams from Adobe
- Cordova Webviews in Native iOS by Anis Kadri from Adobe
- Getting Started with Astro Workshop (mixing web and native controls in your hybrid app) by Shawn Jansepar and Loki Meyburg from Mobify
- Cordova Plugin Roundup by TJ Van Toll & Brian Rinaldi from Telerik
- Bluetooth Low Energy Hands-on Workshop by Don Coleman
- Supercharge your Hybrid Apps with Microservices for Mobile by Cian Clarke from Redhat
PhoneGap Day Sessions
The PhoneGap Day event itself was also jam-packed with some really great speakers and presentations. Below are some links I managed to find and share from some of those sessions. Some of the links are also to projects mentioned in the talks so you can try them or read up further.
- PhoneGap Day Kick-off by Michael Brooks from Adobe
- Automated UI Testing of PhoneGap Apps by Martin Poschenrieder from Testmunk
- Guide to Automated UI Testing by Martin Poschenrieder from Testmunk
- Blending the Best of Native and Web by Shawn Jansepar from Mobify
- Astro Framework – mixing web and native controls by Mobify
- Stacker UI Navigation Framework by Loki Meyburg
- Ionic version 2 and Beyond by Mike Hartington from Ionic
- How StoryCorps Used WordPress and PhoneGap to Enable Storytelling Everywhere – preso by Dean Haddock
- Hybrid Apps with Ember by Alex Blom
- ReactJS with PhoneGap by Jed Watson from Thinkmill (TouchstoneJS)
- Onsen UI Hybrid App Dev’t Framework by Masa Tanaka of Monaca/Onsen UI
- Cordova Final Quest Game by Masa Tanaka (MUST try this – awesome)
- Build and Market Your App: Small Team Success by Ryan Hanna and David Frahm from Sworkit
- Making of Sworkit Part 1 – Unlocking your Apps Potential by Ryan Hanna from Sworkit
- Making of Sworkit Part 2 – Well-Made to Well-Known by Ryan Hanna from Sworkit
- Loading native code (plugins) dynamically for the enterprise by Shazron Abdullah from Adobe
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Mobile Apps by Bruce Lefebvre from Adobe
- Native UI in Cordova apps w/ Project Ace – preso by Ryan Salva from Microsoft
More to Come…
Videos from the event will be posted on the PhoneGap blog soon and I will link to them here too when available. Please post a comment with any more resources to share from the event as well.
Also, there’s still one more chance to catch a PhoneGap Day event this year. We’ll be hosting PhoneGap Day EU in Amsterdam May 19th/20th. Check out the website for details and registration links!