If you haven’t checked out Topcoat lately then you might be pleasantly surprised to see some of the latest happenings.
I wanted to highlight a couple of the latest events and also show off some of the latest components being worked on in a little demo application below.
- npm happiness – now you can install Topcoat components with npm (node package management system). This is so great since so many of us rely on npm already, it just makes installing and using Topcoat that much easier. If you search Topcoat on npmjs.org you will see a bunch of different results now as shown below (more available than shown in screenshot ).
- CodePen coolness – now you can also see the latest and greatest in-process development and feedback via the new Topcoat CodePen. Check it out to find new components being developed along with the CSS and HTML source and preview to see it immediately and try it out yourself, then feel free to leave feedback.
Lastly, I’m including a working preview of some of the latest components being worked on for Topcoat. These were pulled from a combination of the GiHhub repository, CodePen and the latest 0.6 version. This sample includes preview code for the following components:
- Hamburger/Slide-Out Menu (top-left icon)
- Tab Bar (see footer tab buttons below)
- Button Bars
- Spinner (see the overlay)
- Progress Bar (see the overlay)
- Range Input (see controls tab)
- Radio Button
Click around and try it out!