A new set of samples are available today in Tour de Flex showing various mobile features using Flex 4.5. Some of these samples were included previously under the Adobe AIR Launchpad category previously and are part of Adobe AIR Launchpad, but many new ones are available today under a new Flex Mobile category.
Here’s a brief description of the NEW mobile samples, but if you haven’t looked at any of them at all yet, there are actually a total of 28 different samples showing off mobile development so be sure to check them out under Flex Mobile -> Mobile Sample Applications!
- BusyIndicator – shows how you can use this new Spark component to show a busy status in your view for mobile.
- CSS Filtering with Media Queries – a sample showing how you can apply certain styles based on the DPI or OS of the mobile device using a new syntax available in Flex 4.5.
- Multi-DPI Bitmap handling – shows how you can specify different DPI image sources in a new Spark component to handle multiple device types.
- Alert – shows how to display an Alert popup on your mobile device since the mx.controls.Alert class is not available.
- ViewMenu – show how you can use the new Flex 4.5 ViewMenu component in a mobile device either with the Menu button or programmatically.
- Camera (Raw Camera) – updated to show how you can access multiple cameras on your device.
- CrossFadeViewTransition – shows off the properties you can specify to apply a fade effect between your view navigation.
- FlipViewTransition – shows the properties that can be used to apply a flip effect when navigating between views.
- SlideViewTransition – shows the properties available when using a sliding effect in your view navigation.
- ZoomViewTransition – shows the use of a zoom in or out effect that can be used when navigating between views.