Have you downloaded the latest Flash Builder 4.5 from pre-release (and if you haven’t, what are you waiting for?!) and tried to import a project you built in Flash Builder Burrito only to find a bunch of errors? I made a list of things I discovered when going through this process and noted them below. Please comment here if you have any to add that I have missed so others can get up to speed quickly.
- spark.components.MobileApplication is now spark.components.ViewNavigatorApplication
- spark.components.TabbedMobileApplication is now spark.components.TabbedViewNavigatorApplication
- spark.components.MobileIconItemRenderer is now spark.components.IconItemRenderer
- FlexEvent.REMOVING is now ViewNavigatorEvent.REMOVING
- spark.components.supportClasses.MobileTextField is now spark.components.supportClasses.StyleableTextField
- The sessionCachingEnabled property on the root application tag for enabling data persistence is now persistNavigatorState
- FlexEvent.APPLICATION_PERSISTING is now FlexEvent.NAVIGATOR_STATE_SAVING (for custom persistence handling)
- FlexEvent.APPLICATION_RESTORING is now FlexEvent.NAVIGATOR_STATE_LOADING (for custom persistence handling)
- spark.effects.ViewTransition is now spark.transitions.ViewTransitionBase
- spark.effects.SlideViewTransition is now spark.transitions.SlideViewTransition
- lineBreak is no longer a property on the Spark DataGrid
- Default mobile theme colors have changed. The prior builds had a dark theme, so if you coded any specific colors around this theme you will have to change them because your UI will likely look funky.
Download the 2.6 version of Adobe AIR Launchpad from this link if you are using the Flash Builder 4.5 pre-release. It will generate projects that will work with the pre-release and the soon to be released official Flash Builder 4.5.